Today was an exciting day for the Community D/B class. We moved our structure out to the site,
and added some roofing and decking details.
There were a few hiccups - the main one being the bench pieces not fitting exactly into place when rearranging. It was such a rewarding day, to finally see the structure in it's spot. It fits well on the site, looks nice with the trees in the background, and corresponds to the individual porches very well.
I spent the majority of the day on the roof - there were five of us up there and the structure held well (although we did add a little bracing on the overhang so we didn't accidentally build a warp into the roof.) This gives me confidence for the structure's capability to withstand Vermont snow-loads.
Tomorrow, more roof and bench work, and hopefully the installation of the table.