Saturday, June 27, 2009

Constructed Wetlands Notes

My constructed wetlands course was one of the best classes that I have ever taken. It was a pretty busy week, but we accomplished quite a bit. The instructors were very thorough - they, in specific detail, gave us directions on how to decide if a wetland is appropriate, how to size it, what levers and pipes to use, what water tests should be run, etc. They gave everyone a CD at the end of the course that had all their powerpoint presentations and charts and references that they used during the class.

I think I will let notes do the speaking for me, as far as specific information goes. If anyone has any questions, feel free to leave a comment. Please don't interpret my lack of writing specific details as not knowing them. This class was amazing and thorough and I feel like I understand all the topics we covered pretty thoroughly. (My weak spot would probably be in water testing, but I understand it, especially with the use of notes.)




(The bottom of this page was filled on a bus ride for a field trip. I wasn't doodling during class.)

(Notes from 10 Stones.)

(Notes from The University of Vermont Research Center.)

(Notes from Teal Farm.)


(Finding dimensions for our wetland.)
(Transit readings.)

(Watch for another entry about our field trip day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment